April 05, 2011

Benefit Dinner

For the past month or so, some friends of mine from high school and I have been putting together a benefit dinner for another high school classmate, Nicole. Nicole is married with a two year old daughter, and is loosing her battle with breast cancer. You can read her story here. When I first heard the news about Nicole, I cried for weeks and wondered what more I could do.

When my friend Lauren started poking around at the idea of a spaghetti dinner, it just felt right for me to step up to the plate to see if I could help. It has felt so good to be able to turn my tears into something productive for Nicole. Tomorrow night is the dinner. I am looking forward to it so much! We will be having a spaghetti dinner and silent auction with all of the proceeds going to Nicole and her family to help them through this very difficult time.

I feel so blessed to be able to have the time to contribute like this. The outpouring of support that we have already seen through the community has been amazing. We have about 30 silent auction donation items, valued at close to $3,000. We've also seen generosity from local restaurants and bakeries to help with the food.

I am praying for a successful dinner and auction, and the right people that need to be there are present. If you are in the area and would like to join us, please do so. If not, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Elaine VanDRiver said...

how terrible--i read her story and cried! what a great and wonderful way to support her with a benefit dinner! kudos to you. nicole will be in my prayers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...